Update as of March 17th 3:00pm:
Effective immediately, here is what the next few weeks will look like at BBC:
- All morning gatherings are postponed (ABFs/Sunday School; 11:00am Worship Service) until further notice. We will gather together online instead!
- Sunday mornings we will stream our 11am service to our Website, Facebook, Vimeo, and Youtube pages. The Praise Team will gather to sing some songs and I (Pastor Bryan) will preach. We hope to make this service feel as “normal” as possible without you actually being there. I encourage families to consider watching together on Sunday morning and having a time of prayer with each other. I will be pausing our series in Leviticus to address our world’s crisis from a biblical standpoint for the next two weeks, before moving to a short Easter series. After Easter, I hope to pick up where we left off and return to the old normal.
- All Wednesday night activities are postponed for at least the next three weeks. These include Bible for Life and any other adult ministry, FUSE and AWANA.
- In lieu of Wednesday night services, we will also post a brief message from one of your pastors on our Facebook page and other channels. Again, we encourage families to get together to watch it and have a time of prayer with each other.
- We will post similar brief updates and encouragements throughout the week to keep you tuned in and spiritually-minded.
- Bethany Day Care will remain open for child care as long as they are able.
- The Legacy 5 concert is postponed until Thursday, August 20th. Those who already ordered tickets will have the option of keeping their ticket until that date or getting a refund. Please contact the office with any questions.
- All on-campus ministries are postponed until further notice. This includes Men’s and Women’s Bible Studies, prayer groups, etc. We encourage you to consider alternatives to in-person meetings, such as Facetime, Zoom meeting etc.
- Life Groups are also postponed until further notice, as there is no good way to spread out in someone’s home. Again, don’t be strangers to one another. Phones work not just to access the Internet, but to talk to one another. You can even pray for each other through the phone! Stay in contact and share your love.
- Over the next few days, the pastors and/or shepherd group leaders will be contacting all the seniors in the church to see if they have any spiritual or physical needs. Church—keep in touch. Your leaders have not stopped praying and caring for you. Please call the office or fill out this form online and let us know if you have any needs that we might be able to help with.
- We have postponed our Mission Trip to India, along with the Garage Sale and any other meetings/fundraisers. We hope to hold the trip next summer, Lord willing.
- If you are able and would still like to give, you can do so online here! You may also mail in a contribution to the church office.
Church—we covet your prayers! With all the extra time on your hands, we should see some true prayer warriors developing in many homes. Here are a few things you can be in prayer for:
- Pray that our leadership team has wisdom to make the right decisions that would allow for the church ministries to continue in an appropriate way that both honors God and respects the wishes of our government.
- Pray that our congregation and community remains safe and healthy as this virus continues its way through our area.
- Pray that the church would not lose her mission, her focus, or her love for God and the world during this crisis.
- Pray for our missionaries, our government, our doctors and health care workers, our police and first responders and anyone else that may be directly dealing with the impact of this virus.
- Pray for opportunity to share the love of Christ in the midst of trying circumstances.
We appreciate your patience, grace and understanding during the next few weeks and months as we continue to manage as best as we can. God is good. Even when we don’t understand all that is happening and why, God is still good and in control. Let us rely on His love and sovereignty in the midst of these trials.
“Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock” (Isaiah 26:4).
– Pastor Bryan