Bethany Bible Church was founded in 1957 and was originally called Bethany Community Church. In the mid 60’s, the name was changed to Bethany Baptist Church and in 1984 it was changed again to its current name – Bethany Bible Church. Services have been held at its current location in Belleville since 1959. Bethany is an independent, non-denominational, evangelical, congregational-governed body and is affiliated (via membership) with the Independent Fundamental Churches of America (IFCA).
Pastor John Losen Sr. came to Bethany in 1970. He ministered effectively with sound doctrine, grace, integrity, and vision for 30 years until his retirement in 2000. During his tenure, BBC started a Day Care ministry in 1974, built a gymnasium in 1982, and then built our current Day Care Center in 1998. He continued to minister as our “Prime-Timers'” Pastor and taught Sunday Morning Adult Bible Classes until he went home to be with the Lord in December 2018.
Pastor Ken Belch came to Bethany in 2001. Under his leadership, the church continued to grow as he led Bethany through various ministry transitions. Pastor Belch moved to Arizona in 2007 and is currently the Senior Pastor at Hilltop Community Church in Lake Havasu, AZ.
Pastor Don Sweeney came to Bethany in 2008 and served God and Bethany with a strong teaching ministry and a compassionate heart. For health reasons, Pastor Sweeney left the ministry in 2010 and went home to be with the Lord in 2012.
Pastor Duane Bonner came to Bethany in 2010 and led the church through a great period of growth, both numerical and physical. During his tenure, Bethany constructed a new worship center, new office and Adult Bible classroom space. Pastor Bonner left the ministry and relocated to Ohio in 2016.
Pastor Bryan Murawski became the current Senior Pastor of Bethany Bible Church in October 2016.