Bethany Bible Church recently celebrated 55 years of ministry in the Belleville community, having located to its present site in 1959. The church began in 1957 and was first known as Bethany Community Church. Then later as Bethany Baptist Church, and in 1984, changed its name to Bethany Bible Church. We are an independent, non-denominational, evangelical, congregational-governed body. We are affiliated (via membership) with the Independent Fundamental Churches of America (IFCA).
Pastor John Losen Sr. came to Bethany in February 1970. He ministered effectively with sound doctrine, grace, integrity, and vision for 30 years until his retirement in 2000. During his tenure, BBC started a Day Care Ministry in 1974, built a gymnasium in 1982, and then built our current Day Care Center in 1998. He is now known as our "Prime Timer's Pastor" here at BBC; and enjoys teaching Adult Bible Classes here at Bethany, as well as filling the pulpit for various churches in SE Michigan.
Pastor Ken Belch came in January, 2001 and the church continued to grow as he led Bethany through various ministry transitions. Pastor Belch moved to Arizona in 2007 and has served as interim Pastor at Hilltop Community Church until March 2011, when he accepted the Senior Pastor position.
Pastor Don Sweeney came in March, 2008 and continued to lead Bethany with a strong teaching ministry and compassionate heart. Due to health issues, Pastor Sweeney resigned in the spring of 2010. In April, 2012 he went home to be with the Lord.
Pastor Duane Bonner came in August, 2010 and continues to build upon the foundation of Jesus Christ and the labors of the godly men before him.